This event has now finished
Mosaic Making Workshop for Beginners
Learn the art of creating beautiful mosaics in this practical weekend workshop
Date: Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th October Time: 10am - 5pm Location: Midlands Arts Centre (MAC) Address: Cannon Hill Park, Queen's Ride, Birmingham B12 9QH
What will you learn on this course?
This course will introduce you to the world of mosaics, providing you with skills, knowledge and confidence to create your own mosaics at home.
We will teach you how to:
- Create a drawing or design in preparation for making a mosaic
- Design geometrical patterns for mosaic
- Utilise tile cutters to cut and shape ceramic (or glass if applicable) tiles for mosaic
- Understand and apply the direct method for mosaic making
- Apply movement or flow to your mosaic, known as mosaic ‘andamento’
- Fix your mosaic tiles onto a wooden board using the correct adhesive
- Complete your work with grout, clean and polish it to take home with you
Design templates will be provided to you on the day. The size of your mosaic will be 20cm x 20cm.
This course is suitable for adults aged 18+ years. This is a practical mosaic course aimed at complete beginners but all levels are welcome.
Tutor: Paula Ligo
19 October 2019 –20 October 20192019-10-19T10:00:00Z2019-10-20T11:50:00Z
Cannon Hill Park
0121 446 3232
Cycle there (external link)