Adding events to Live Brum
It is now easier than ever to get you event listed on Live Brum.
How do I add my events?
You've got two options
- Register for an account and do it yourself. The first few times you add events they will be held in a queue for approval before going live on the site. Once you have added a few events successfully we'll remove that restriction and let you add events that show up immediately.
Send us your event data via email. Just mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information and we'll add it for you.
- Event Title
- Event Venue
- Event Date(s) and Time(s)
- Preferred Genre Pick from the list in the header
- Event description (optional)
- Website link to event information (optional but strongly recommended)
- Website link to book tickets (optional)
- An event image (optional)
- Any other external links (such as a performers website)
Is my event eligible? What counts as Birmingham?
We have a pretty relaxed definition of what counts as being in Birmingham but we do stick to it. If your venue has EITHER a Bxx postcode OR an 0121 phone number then we're happy to include your events.
Getting a good listing
If you want your event to stand out then it is important to supply a good image. Only events with images make it into the featured events scattered throughout the site.
A short but information-rich description. Our experience is that users simply don't read the event description if you enter 500 words of detail. However a concise event description detailing useful information about the event makes it much more appealing to people browsing the site. The event description is also a good place to add confirmation of ticket prices and more detailed genre info.
Ensure that you have added a link where people can find out more. This can be a venue website, promoters website, blog or something else but people are more likely to turn up if they can verify the details of the event somewhere else.