This event has now finished
Maverick and enthusiast, Carlo Curley has brought the organ out of the church loft and imbued his recitals with crusading zeal for the instruments colour and vitality. His recital, the final one this season, explores the huge, and sometimes outrageous, range of American organ music. Prepare to hear Town Halls organ as it has never been heard before!
6.15pm Pre-concert talk: Graeme Kay in conversation with Carlo Curley
£5 £18.50 TH Classical Plan
Central Choir Benches not available.
The concert will finish at approx. 9.30pm
- Carlo Curley Organ
- Programme includes:
- Hugh McAmis Dreams
- Seth Bingham Roulade
- Charles Ives Variations on America
- Samuel Barber (arr Strickland) Adagio for Strings
- Dudley Buck Concert Variations on The Star-Spangled Banner
- Edward MacDowell (arr Curley) To a Wild Rose, from Woodland Sketches
- Stefan Lindblad Toccata on an American Theme, in homage to
- Leonard Bernstein